Picture this: sitting on a balcony overlooking Dream Beach and the picturesque Pacific Ocean from the terrace of an amazing Balinese hotel. I can feel the breeze and see the waves crashing as we take a break from pedaling around the island of Nusa Lembongan on our bikes by sipping on delicious glasses of cold watermelon juice. Last summer I spent 2.5 weeks in Bali and the scene I just described really happen. Watermelon juice quickly became my drink of choice because it was so refreshing. When I got home, I knew I had to make it!
Makes: About 2 large servings
Ingredients for Watermelon Slush
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon (or use seeded if your blender/Vitamix can handle the seeds), approx. 2 cups
- 1 large lime
Directions for Watermelon Slush
1. Trim the rind off the watermelon. Rough chop. Put the watermelon in a blender or Vitamix
2. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the blender.
3. Add ~6 ice cubes*.
4. Whiz until it has the consistency of a frozen margarita (sans alcohol so Paleo-friendly).
5. Pour and garnish like a fancy chef or just put in a straw and enjoy.
*This is dependent on the strength of your blender.If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first! PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.