This is one of my favorite ways to use up veggies and leftover meat from the fridge. Use anything you’d like and create your own combinations!
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 2 small bell peppers (from the CSA box so they are tiny; normal sized pepper from grocery = use ½), chopped
- 1 small summer squash (again tiny; use ½ a normal sized squash), chopped
- 3 large cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 generous handfuls spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup leftover cooked meat (I had ground turkey)
- EVOO, coconut oil, bacon grease, etc
- Prep all veggies...chop your little heart out. Tip: to ensure even cooking, try to chop your veggies into roughly the same size pieces.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil/fat.
- Cook onion, pepper and squash together for ~3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Top with spinach and stir until it cooks down.
- Throw in pre-cooked meat.
- Crack eggs into the pan (I don't scramble them first...wastes a clean dish) and scramble those puppies until cooked.
- Serve with avocado slices, salt and pepper.
- Makes 2 normal-sized servings or 1 if I'm really hungry!