This is one of my favorite ways to use up veggies and leftover meat from the fridge. Use anything you’d like and create your own combinations!
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 small bell peppers (from the CSA box so they are tiny; normal sized pepper from grocery = use 1/2), chopped
- 1 small summer squash (again tiny; use 1/2 a normal sized squash), chopped
- 3 large cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 generous handfuls spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup leftover cooked meat (I had ground turkey)
- EVOO, coconut oil, bacon grease, etc
1. Prep all veggies…chop your little heart out. Tip: to ensure even cooking, try to chop your veggies into roughly the same size pieces.
2. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil/fat.
3. Cook onion, pepper and squash together for ~3-4 minutes.
4. Add tomato and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Top with spinach and stir until it cooks down.
6. Throw in pre-cooked meat.
7. Crack eggs into the pan (I don’t scramble them first…wastes a clean dish) and scramble those puppies until cooked.
8. Serve with avocado slices, salt and pepper.
Makes 2 normal-sized servings or 1 if I’m really hungry!If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first! PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.