Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin Spice Latte | stupideasypaleo.com Autumn = cooler weather (even in SoCal), falling leaves, pumpkins and…pumpkin spice lattes! One time, long ago I ordered a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, took one sip, and threw it away (true story). It was disgusting…overly sweet with a funky aftertaste. Needless to say, I never went down that road again.

So, I made my own.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Latte

Directions for Pumpkin Spice Latte

1. Brew your espresso. *If you don’t have any espresso machine, it’s okay! Make some dark french roast coffee. I do this with a French press now since I gave my espresso machine away.
  2. Froth the coconut milk using the steamer on your espresso machine. **Again…no machine? Heat the milk on the stovetop. It just won’t be foamy or give the same consistency but will still taste amazing. Heavy cream also works well here.
  3. In a small container, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Shake to combine. You will only be using about 1/8 tsp per cup, so save the rest.
  4. Combine espresso, steamed coconut milk, 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin, vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon of spice mix. Add splash of maple syrup or honey if you prefer. If I know you used the fake junk, I will hunt you down! Would also be good with no sweetener at all (my preference). Stir to combine.
  5. Top with foam and sprinkle with a pinch of spice.
  6. Delight in your fall-inspired drink and the fact that you saved yourself $4.50.

46 thoughts on “Pumpkin Spice Latte

1. Pingback: Pumpkin coffee and other signs of fall, or where to find hidden dairy in your soy latte | From Shelly's Kitchen

2. Rozlyn

i love pumpkin, but I don’t drink coffe…anyway to make a pumpkin flavored drink that doesn’t involve coffee but still tastes delicous?

3. Cindy S.

I think I’m going to try this with some almond milk instead of the coconut milk (not a huge fan).

Can’t wait to try this. It sounds heavenly. And you’re so right about you know who’s PSLs.. Super gross.

4. Sandy

Wow! Look at all the natural and organic ingredients! I used to work at SB. All of these places uses horrible syrups to flavor the drinks. Ugh!!!

Think I too will try your recipe but use Almond Milk. Big thanks for posting!!

Hi Sandy! Definitely agreed with you on that one, and there’s a way to make it much healthier :) Let me know how it turns out with the almond milk!

5. NColl

I had the exact same thing happen last winter, Steph. It’s amazing how our palate evolves. And this is coming from the woman who one year actually bought the syrup from Starbucks!!! I can’t wait to try this recipe this weekend. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

6. NColl

7. Cindy S.

I made this for the first time this morning and it was wonderful! I used almond milk, strong brewed coffee and heated it on my stovetop. I will be making this again tomorrow since I still have pumpkin in my fridge. Thanks for the amazing recipe. No more store-bought PSLs for this girl! And hubby was happy I saved us some cash! :-)

8. Kristel

Thank you so much for this recipe. Not only do I need to use up some leftover pumpkin, but I am trying to steer clear of all of the mess at the fast food places, but want my pumpkin spice drinks! Making tomorrow with almond milk!

9. Lola

Add a tsp of coconut oil to the hot espresso (to melt the oil) add all the above ingredients but, whip it in the blender! Trust me!

10. Pingback: The Ultimate Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipe Round-Up | So...Let's Hang Out

11. Pingback: Immune Boosting Hot Buttered Whiskey, Rum, or Cider.

12. Pingback: Protein Pumpkin Spice Coffee Stupid Easy Paleo - Easy Paleo Recipes

13. Pingback: Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Stupid Easy Paleo - Easy Paleo Recipes

14. Jaime

So.. loving the new format of your site, awesome work! Sad face, though, the measurements aren’t showing up for me anymore. How much pumpkin do you use? The rest I can figure out. :)

1. Jaime

I emailed it to you but, oops, I sent it to the wrong email address. Guess I didn’t read the reply closely enough and/or I broke my rule of not sending emails before I’ve had my coffee. Sorry! Hopefully you’ll get it either way.

1. Jaime

Two things: One, apparently updating one’s Chrome browser will work miracles for being able to use the internet at a functioning level. Who knew??

Two, this was a brilliant idea, my Paleo Goddess! I was totally in need of a treat this weekend. I used this recipe as a springboard for a Pumpkin Spice Mocha. I used regular brewed Kona coffee instead of espresso, about 6 “dashes” of the pumpkin pie spice, a dash of cardamom (because I love the stuff) a cereal spoon full of pumpkin, one square of 72% dark chocolate, and about a tablespoon of coconut milk (I just eyeballed it). Toss it in my Magic Bullet for 30 seconds or so and voila! The dark chocolate is sweet enough I didn’t need the honey and so delish. Thanks for the great idea!

15. Pingback: Pumpkin Spice Recipes | AllySharpe.com

16. Pingback: pumpkin spice lattes | fastlife, slowlife

17. Pingback: Tuesday 10: Paleo Pumpkin Recipes | theclothesmakethegirl

18. Pingback: Tutorial Thursday: All Things Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies

19. Pingback: 22 October 14 - Crossfit Silver Spring