This recipe for the Best Cauliflower Side Dish is bound to become a staple in your weekly food prep.
It’s quick, satisfying and makes a large portion which is great because I can eat the leftovers for a few days.
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Meat of choice (I used grilled steak)
- Dark sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet/wok to high heat. Add the coconut oil. Saute the mushrooms, shallot and ginger for ~3 min or until they begin to soften, stirring often.
- Add the cauliflower, green onions and coconut aminos. Saute for 5 min.
- Push the veggies to the side of the skillet and create a well. Crack the eggs into the well and scramble. Stir everything to combine.
- Top with a meat of your choice. I prepared it this time with slices of grilled steak on top. Shrimp is also delicious with this.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to finish off the dish after it's been plated.
Pin this for later!