This recipe for the Best Cauliflower Side Dish is bound to become a staple in your weekly food prep.
It’s quick, satisfying and makes a large portion which is great because we eat the leftovers for a few days.
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Dark sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet/wok to high heat. Add the coconut oil. Saute the mushrooms, shallot and ginger for ~3 min or until they begin to soften, stirring often.
- Add the cauliflower, green onions and coconut aminos. Saute for 5 min.
- Push the veggies to the side of the skillet and create a well. Crack the eggs into the well and scramble. Stir everything to combine.
- Top with your choice of meat or seafood for a complete meal.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to finish off the dish after it’s been plated.
You may recognize this recipe (or maybe not) as a very old recipe from 2011. Here’s the difference in the photos. If you want to know more about how I’ve improved my food photography, see my free blog series on Food Photography Tips. Click for Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
Pin this for later!