This is a remake of an older recipe I had on my other blog. If you’ve landed here because you are participating in the Whole30, this dish falls within the nutritional parameters of the program. It’s quick and satisfying and makes a large portion which I like, because I can eat the leftovers for a few days.
Ingredients for Best Cauliflower Side Dish Ever
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- 1 package, shittake mushrooms
- 6 green onions
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 eggs
- Coconut oil
- Meat of choice (I used grilled steak)
- Dark sesame oil
Directions for Best Cauliflower Side Dish Ever
1. Grate the cauliflower using a food processor (or if you have time and the patience of a saint, a box grater).
2. Prep the veggies (slice the green onions and mushrooms thinly and mince the shallot/ginger).
3. Heat a large skillet/wok to high heat. Add a spoonful or two of coconut oil. Saute the mushrooms, shallot and ginger for ~3 min or until they begin to soften, stirring often.
4. Add the cauliflower, green onions and coconut aminos. Saute for ~5 min.
5. Push the veggies to the side of the skillet and create a well. Crack the eggs into the well and scramble. Stir everything to combine.
6. Top with a meat of your choice. I prepared it this time with slices of grilled steak on top. Shrimp is also delicious with this.
7. A nice drizzle of sesame oil to finish off the dish after it’s been plated is super yummy.