One of my favorite things to do while driving is listen to Robb Wolf’s Paleo Solution Podcast. While trying to catch myself up on back episodes, somewhere in the realm of episode 45-ish, I heard co-host Andy Deas describe a dessert that really caught my attention because it sounded, well, amazing. And easy. And Paleo. So, while I can’t take credit for this creation, here is my take on Andy Deas’s pudding. Bon appetite!
Ingredients for Apple Coconut Pudding
- 1-14 oz (400 ml) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 vanilla bean*
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for Apple Coconut Pudding
- Pour coconut milk into a small saucepan. Add chopped apples, coconut oil, and cinnamon.
- Halve the vanilla bean and scrape the tiny black seeds of yumminess out. Add to the saucepan.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Puree in the blender until smooth.
- Refrigerate until chilled and the pudding is set.
*When I was in Bali, I bought a grip of vanilla beans at the Ubud public market. I treasure them because I bought about 500 grams of vanilla bean pods for roughly $10 American. This is ridiculously inexpensive. If you don’t have any vanilla beans, you can substitute with 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (but it won’t be as tasty, in my opinion)If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first! PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.