Tired of plain, baked yams as your go-to PWO carb supplement? This is a nice change of pace with a bit of a Thanksgiving twist. So easy.
I don’t use dried, sweetened cranberries, especially Ocean Spray or the like. They are usually loaded with sugar and tossed in canola oil (yuck). The apple and sweet potato will more than offset the tartness of the berries. I usually stock up with several bags of fresh cranberry this time of year and freeze them for convenient addition to any dish throughout the year.
- 6 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries*
- 2 Tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (~190°C). Grease the inside of a large baking dish with coconut oil or ghee.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and apples. Chop into uniform pieces, ~1/2″ dice.
- Place half the chopped sweet potato/apple into the dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cranberries, half the cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato, apple, cranberry, cinnamon and salt.
- Dot the top with small pieces of ghee or coconut oil.
- Bake covered for ~1 hour or until the potato and apple have softened.
What do you think about the combination of apple and sweet potato?