Holy Guacamole Salad is the ultimate party dish!
It’s got all the delectable flavors of guacamole – the zesty lime, the creamy avocado, a little heat from jalapeño – just in a deconstructed style.
I’ll admit it: I love the Food Network. While I’m more drawn to shows like Chopped! and Iron Chef America, I decided to watch an old episode of Barefoot Contessa yesterday.
Normally, Ina’s food isn’t really up my alley but her recipe for Guacamole Salad spoke to me right away. The only bummer is that it wasn’t Paleo. A couple of tweaks later, and I had adapted this bowl of vibrant flavors and colors sitting in front of me, perfect for a summer cookout.
I’ve brought Holy Guacamole Salad to many a shindig over the years, and each time, it gets rave reviews.
The Persian cucumbers add a nice crunch to the dish. Persian cucumbers have thinner skin and hardly any seeds. If you can’t find them, try using a hothouse / English cucumber instead.
If you’ve been a reader of Stupid Easy Paleo for a while, you may notice this recipe recently got a makeover. Here’s what the photo used to look like:
Click on the photo above to go to my free Food Photography series if you’re interested in improving your skills!
Alright, on to the recipe for Holy Guacamole Salad!
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 Persian cucumbers, chopped into medium chunks (we're making salad, not salsa!)
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper (2 if you like spicy), seeded and chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 large, ripe avocados (or 3 small), pitted and cut into chunks
- Zest from 1 lime
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, avocado, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro. Mix together, then add the avocado and fold gently to combine.
- Zest one lime into the bowl.
- In a measuring cup, combine the fresh lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix and pour over the veggies. Toss gently to coat.
Pin this Holy Guacamole Salad Recipe for later!
If you’d like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.