I have been really into making veggie scrambles for breakfast lately…filling, yummy, and nutritious. They take some extra time, though, because of chopping the veggies. When I saw this recipe on npr.org, I knew I’d be adding it to my normal breakfast rotation. It’s quick and easy with just a few ingredients. I make 4 at a time but you can adjust the quantity easily.
Ingredients for Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- 4 red bell peppers (any color bell pepper works)
- 16 oz bag frozen, chopped spinach (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 4 eggs
Directions for Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line the bottom of a baking dish with foil.
2. Cut off the top of each pepper. Remove the seeds.
3. Place peppers into baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, defrost the spinach in the microwave. Squeeze the moisture out of the spinach.
6. Remove peppers from oven and stuff the bottom 1/2 with cooked spinach.
7. Crack an egg into the top 1/2 of each pepper.
8. Bake for ~20 min longer.