I spent a lazy Sunday morning in bed, watching the latest episode of Iron Chef America (Morimoto vs. Pasternack in Battle Wreckfish). Apparently wreckfish is a pretty rare, enormous, disgustingly-oogly eyed fish that frequents old abandoned shipwrecks, hence the name. Anyhow, Morimoto made pho with fish noodles, and the entire day all I wanted to eat was a steaming hot bowl of soup!
As evening approached and my will to cook something up started to fade, I decided to make a curry soup that literally took 5 minutes to prepare. (Granted, I did have all the veggies and meat already cooked.)
This would be a great dish to make on a mid-week night when you’re pressed for time and want to give your leftovers a little flair. The spaghetti squash was a great noodley substitute and the red curry paste gave just the right amount of spice! This served one very hungry gal so you can adjust the quantities to your appetite.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ can (~7 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp red curry paste (more = spicier, check label for funky ingredients like sugar)
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- Cooked spaghetti squash
- Leftover cooked veggies (I used grilled peppers, mushrooms and a handful of spinach leaves)
- Leftover cooked meat (I used sliced grilled steak)
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, tomatoes, curry paste and ginger. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the mixture bubbles, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked veggies and meat until heated through. Pour over spaghetti squash to serve.
- finished it with a dash of sriracha!
What’s your favorite kind of curry?
Have a question about this Easy Red Curry Soup Recipe? Leave it in the comments below!
If you’d like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.