Recently on my Facebook page, I asked what sorts of recipes you all were interested in, and more than one of you mentioned crock pot meals. This recipe is as easy as it gets, and the crock pot (being one of my top 3 favorite kitchen gadgets) is in heavy rotation in my kitchen. These flavors blend nicely for fall and turkey should be increasingly easier to find in the market, but feel free to get creative and mix up different combinations of spices and vegetables (or even use chicken instead). I’ll post some suggestions underneath the recipe.
- 2-3 lb. (1-1.5 kg) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 carrots
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 lemon or orange
- 2-3 Tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- Sea salt and pepper
- Prepare the veggies: rough chop the onion and slice the carrots (fairly chunky since you don't want them to disintegrate in the crock pot).
- Put the onion and carrot into the crock pot.
- Place the turkey breast on top of the veggies.
- Sprinkle the turkey breast generously with Herbs de Provence, sea salt and pepper.
- Slice the lemon or orange, and arrange the pieces on top of the turkey.
- Pour the cranberries over the top.
- Pour about ½ cup of water into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on LOW for approximately 5-6 hours (you may want to increase the time if the turkey breast is very large).
- Other vegetable / spices combinations:
- add cubed raw butternut squash or sweet potato
- cumin + chili powder + garlic + smoked paprika with sliced bell peppers and onions
- rosemary + garlic
- Ras el Hanout spice blend
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get express written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website! Failure to do so is a copyright violation.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.