Baaaaaaaa! Lamb is delicious.
My buddy Trish arrived to my house a few weeks ago with two choice looking racks of lamb…the deal was that if she brought the meat, I’d do the cooking (I love that kind of dinner!). The marinade / sauce was the key to these little guys tasting so damn good, and the grilling couldn’t have been much easier. Mix sauce. Apply. Grill meat. Eat. You all know by this point that I like it uncomplicated and simple. One key consideration though, is to get the best meat you possibly can because it’s definitely the star of the show. Don’t cheap out. Additionally, can we all agree to stop cooking meat until it’s obliterated and all the tastiness is gone?! I served these racks / chops medium-rare, the meat tender and juicy. Okay, on with the show!
- Let the meat sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Combine the garlic, mustard, olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the lamb evenly with salt and pepper. Coat the meat with most of the mustard sauce and reserve some for basting during grilling.
- Preheat the grill to a medium setting.
- Place racks of lamb on the grill but not over direct heat. Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes per side and turn once during cooking. Baste with reserved mustard sauce. [N0te #1: if you want to develop a nice crust and grill marks, resist the urge to keep flipping the meat over constantly during cooking. I know. Just flip once and step away. You can do it :)]
- Remove the meat and allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing. [Note #2: If you want tasty lamb, you've got to let it sit for 5-10 minutes before you hack into it or else the juices end up on your plate underneath a pile of dry meat. Go gnaw on a handful of macadamia nuts if you are too hungry to wait.]
- For medium-rare, I grilled the lamb about 7 minutes per side. Your grill may vary.
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get express written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.