The idea for this recipe came from the back of a Trader Joe’s bag of mixed cooking greens…I modified it by cutting back on the amount of olives called for as well as the addition of the shrimp and sun dried tomatoes. This meal has everything I like: it’s fast, can be made in one pot, and has tons of flavor. You could easily double the recipe and have leftovers for a couple of days. If you don’t like shrimp, you could add in your meat of choice after the greens have cooked down.
Ingredients for Shrimp and Greens
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lb of chopped greens (kale, mustard greens, collards…mix and match or use what’s on hand)
- 1/2 can of olives, chopped
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (I like them dried instead of packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz raw shrimp
- Black pepper and salt to taste
Directions for Shrimp and Greens
1. Chop garlic and olives.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add a spoonful of coconut oil and sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the chopped olives, sun dried tomatoes and black pepper. Saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the chopped greens and chicken broth. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, allowing the greens to soften and cook down, about 15 minutes. Add more broth if the pan starts to dry out.
5. After the greens are cooked, add raw shrimp on top, replace the cover and cook for about 5 more minutes until the shrimp is pink.
6. Serve with a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil.If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first! PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.