This dairy-free eggnog pudding is based on my Coconut Chia Seed Pudding. I was in the mood for a holiday treat the other day and thought “eggnog”…but then I thought how quickly drinking it down would be over and decided to make the eggnog but add chia seeds to thicken it. I also omitted the booze but hey, if you want to add it, go ahead…you’re the captain of the ship after all. The result was thick and creamy with just a hint of sweetness. I used coconut milk instead of dairy but you could certainly use heavy cream or milk if that’s your preference.
You can make this eggnog chia pudding the old fashioned way by tempering the eggs first, but I just made it stupid-easy by dumping most of the ingredients in the blender and then heating it gently on the stove until it thickened. The quantities can be easily doubled / tripled or more if you want to make a larger batch.
- 4 small dried dates or figs (or 2 large)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- Place the dates in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 15-20 min to soften. Drain the water.
- Add the dates, coconut milk, egg yolks and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Blend on high speed until the dates are broken down (about a minute).
- Pour the mixture into a heavy-bottomed pot and heat on low, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens…this should only take a few minutes. Be careful! You don’t want it to curdle.
- Turn off the heat and add the cinnamon, nutmeg and chia seeds. Stir very well.
- Pour the eggnog mixture into a storage container (I like mason jars or other glass-lock containers) or serving glasses.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour, preferably 2 or more, before eating. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon or nutmeg or some coconut whipped cream before serving.
Do you think you’ll try this eggnog chia pudding?
Pin this for later!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.