Until recently, my kale preparation methods was limited to steaming or roasting in the oven (aka kale chips). While making dinner the other night, I realized there was no room in the oven for a pan of kale chips, so I raided the pantry and made this super-fast creamed kale. The coconut milk gives it a hint of sweetness while the spices / nutmeg adds a bit of warmth.
- 1 bag pre-washed and cut kale (or 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped)
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp fat of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If the kale isn't pre-washed and cut, do that first. If you bought pre-washed / cut kale, pick through the leaves and discard and hard stems.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of your fat of choice.
- Sauté the kale until softened, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and nutmeg. Cook until the coconut milk thickens a bit, about 5 more minutes.
What’s your favorite way to make kale?
If you’d like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.