Until recently, my kale preparation methods was limited to steaming or roasting in the oven (aka kale chips). While making dinner the other night, I realized there was no room in the oven for a pan of kale chips, so I raided the pantry and made this super-fast creamed kale. The coconut milk gives it a hint of sweetness while the spices / nutmeg adds a bit of warmth.
- 1 bag of pre-washed and cut kale (or 1 bunch of kale)
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Coconut oil or fat of choice (I mixed coconut oil and butter)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. If the kale isn’t pre-washed and cut, do that first. If you bought pre-washed / cut kale, pick through the leaves and discard and hard stems.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a spoonful of your fat of choice.
3. Saute the kale until softened, stirring often…about 5 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and nutmeg. Cook until the coconut milk thickens a bit, about 5 more minutes.
5. Eat.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.