Until recently, my kale preparation methods was limited to steaming or roasting in the oven (aka kale chips). While making dinner the other night, I realized there was no room in the oven for a pan of kale chips, so I raided the pantry and made this super-fast creamed kale. The coconut milk gives it a hint of sweetness while the spices / nutmeg adds a bit of warmth.
- 1 bag pre-washed and cut kale (or 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped)
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp fat of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If the kale isn't pre-washed and cut, do that first. If you bought pre-washed / cut kale, pick through the leaves and discard and hard stems.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of your fat of choice.
- Sauté the kale until softened, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and nutmeg. Cook until the coconut milk thickens a bit, about 5 more minutes.
What’s your favorite way to make kale?
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.