Until recently, my kale preparation methods was limited to steaming or roasting in the oven (aka kale chips). While making dinner the other night, I realized there was no room in the oven for a pan of kale chips, so I raided the pantry and made this super-fast creamed kale. The coconut milk gives it a hint of sweetness while the spices / nutmeg adds a bit of warmth.
- 1 bag pre-washed and cut kale (or 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped)
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp fat of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If the kale isn't pre-washed and cut, do that first. If you bought pre-washed / cut kale, pick through the leaves and discard and hard stems.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of your fat of choice.
- Sauté the kale until softened, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and nutmeg. Cook until the coconut milk thickens a bit, about 5 more minutes.