These spheres of meaty joy are super easy to make and baking them in the oven frees you up to do the rest of your food prep or other tasks. Try varying the type of ground meat or go with what’s available – I made them with lean ground pork because it was on sale. You could serve these with tomato sauce and spaghetti squash, homemade Paleo ketchup or just as a post-workout protein source (if the % of fat is pretty low). I made a double batch (recipe below) which yielded 24 meatballs, and these freeze well after being cooked.
Ingredients for Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs
- 2 pounds (1000 grams) ground meat of choice (I used lean pork)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 3 teaspoons dried rosemary)
- 1 Tablespoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fat of choice
Directions for Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a sheet pan with foil.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in a spoonful of your fat of choice until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, onions and all the spices.
4. Form into ~2″ balls and arrange on sheet pan.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.