This is a simple way to make something that’s a bit sweet but a far cry from Paleo-ifying dessert. You could even skip the shaved dark chocolate if you wanted something Whole30-compliant.
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 5 min Makes: 4 figs
- 4 fresh, ripe figs (mission, black, brown turkey, etc.)
- 1 spoonful of ghee or coconut oil
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- Good quality dark chocolate for shaving on top, optional (I used 90% dark chocolate)
- Wash the figs. Cut the stem end off and then slice in half.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the ghee or coconut oil. When hot, cook the figs 1-2 minutes on each side or until they begin to caramelize.
- Remove from the pan sprinkle with cinnamon and dark chocolate shavings.
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.