This is a light salad chock full of tasty veggies that’s perfect for pairing with chicken or fish. The fennel is crispy, the artichoke hearts are tangy, and the parsley makes it fresh. This is easy to double and take to a party.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 0 min Makes: ~3-4 cups
Ingredients for Artichoke Fennel Salad
- 14 oz can (400 g) artichoke hearts
- 1 medium bulb of fennel
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp high quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
Directions for Artichoke Fennel Salad
- Drain the artichoke hearts and quarter them.
- Trim the tops and bottom off the fennel. Cut it in half lengthwise and very thinly slice.
- Chop the parsley.
- Combine the artichoke hearts, fennel, parsley, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Eat right away or let it sit and marinate for about 30 minutes.