Blueberries and eggs were meant to be together! This is a riff on a Spanish tortilla – a cooked egg dish with potatoes and onion. Instead of those traditional ingredients, I used the technique of making a tortilla and simply added blueberries, coconut aminos and a few spices, and the result was a little bit sweet, a little bit savory.
If you’re going to make a tortilla, be sure to keep the heat low enough to keep the eggs from burning, and you need some cojones when it comes to flipping the eggs! Confidence is key! The pan will be hot, so don’t burn yourself, silly…but don’t hesitate either. You want the tortilla to come out in one beautiful round piece of eggy heaven.
The coconut aminos really add that savory, umami flavor but if you don’t have them, you could just use a dash (1/8 tsp) of salt though it won’t be the same.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and scramble with the coconut aminos, cinnamon and pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the ghee or coconut oil.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes undisturbed. Sprinkle the blueberries onto the eggs.
- Cook for about 6-8 more minutes on low. Throughout that time, using the edge of a spatula, lift up the tortilla (eggs) and allow some of the liquid eggs to flow underneath. When most of the egg is cooked through, you're ready to flip the tortilla.
- You need confidence here!! Remove the skillet from the heat, and put a small plate upside down on top of the skillet. Quickly flip the skillet over and the tortilla should fall out onto the plate. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Now, slide the tortilla back into the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Eat. That was exciting, wasn't it?!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.