Umami basically describes the savory taste present in foods like soy sauce (ick), mushrooms and even some veggies. This recipe is very simple to make: start with a batch of fresh olive oil mayo and then season it with coconut aminos and fish sauce to give it that umami flavor. Nice!
I follow Melissa Joulwan’s basic olive oil mayo recipe because well, she rules and so does her mayo recipe. You can find it here: The Secret to Homemade Mayo? Patience.
- ¼ cup of prepared olive oil mayo from Melissa Joulwan’s recipe (her recipe makes 1-1/4 cups total. I usually don’t flavor the whole batch so I can customize my mayo depending on the dishes I’m making.)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of coconut aminos
- Dash of Red Boat fish sauce
- Stir the plain olive oil mayo, coconut aminos and fish sauce together in a small bowl. Will keep in the fridge until the expiration date of the egg you used to make your mayo.
- Goes well with burgers, my Paleo Banh Mi Sliders or Paleo Fresh Spring Rolls.
Pin this for later!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get express written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.