When I made my Coconut Wild Boar Burgers, I was searching for the perfect accompaniment. Peaches were calling to me because they’re in season and juicy and pair really well with pork, so I created this Paleo peach chutney to put on top almost like a relish. Chutney, traditional to Indian cuisine, is a condiment that combines fruit, vinegar, sugar and spices. Being Paleo, I left out the sugar and instead of using oil, I stirred in ghee for a rich buttery flavor.
Putting vinegar, onion and garlic in with fruit may sound weird but it gives just the right counterbalance to the fruit’s sweetness.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 10-15 min Makes: ~2 cups
Ingredients for Paleo Peach Mango Ginger Chutney
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 3 peaches, diced
- 1/4 cup mango, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Zest from 1 orange
Directions for Paleo Peach Mango Ginger Chutney
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the ghee, and minced onion. Cook until the onion is translucent, a few minutes.
- Add the peaches, mango, garlic, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes and orange zest. (I zested the orange, then cut it open and used the juice from inside. Hint: use a microplane grater to zest the orange and grate down the garlic and ginger, saving time.)
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.