Tangy lemon and fresh basil mingle together with bacon fat to make a surprisingly light dressing perfect for Frisee Salad with Eggs and Bacon or any other application. No bacon fat? Substitute olive oil instead.
Makes: 1/4 cup
Ingredients for Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons melted bacon fat (or olive oil)
- 2 Tablespoons basil, chopped or cut as chiffonade
Directions for Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Place the lemon juice and zest, brown mustard, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted bacon fat (or olive oil) while continuously mixing to emulsify the fat.
- Stir in the fresh basil.
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.