Bacon and eggs just went to a whole new level.
Want to knock people’s socks off at your next brunch? Serve this.
Want to make yourself feel extra special? Make this.
Want a dish that’ll make every part of your palate sing glorious hymns? This is the dish for you.
This recipe was inspired by a dish my friend Claudette ordered when we went to the closing night of The Linkery in San Diego. I took one look and was so impressed I went home and tried to replicate it just a couple days later. The frisee (a curly, slightly bitter vegetable related to endive) makes the perfect mop for the yolk and the lemon basil dressing.
Ingredients for Frisee Salad with Bacon and Eggs
- 1 small head of frisee (sub: spinach)
- 4 eggs
- 4 strips of bacon*
- 1 batch of Lemon Basil Bacon Fat Vinaigrette
Directions for Frisee Salad with Bacon and Eggs
- *If the bacon is raw, get that cooking first. I like to bake my bacon but use whatever method you prefer. For baking bacon: line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Bake for ~15-20 minutes or until it’s as crispy as you’d like. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing using the hot, melted bacon fat that collects in the baking sheet. You can also use olive oil if your bacon is precooked and there’s no melted fat.
- Arrange the frisee on a plate. Drizzle the dressing over the frisee.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt bacon fat or another fat of choice until it’s shimmering. Fry the eggs until the yolks are as firm as you’d like. I went for sunnyside up with a runny yolk because I wanted yummy yolk all over the salad.
- Place the eggs on top and the bacon on the side. Try not to eat it so fast that you don’t enjoy it because it’s goooooooood!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.