My new ebook, The Paleo Athlete, is now available ! Dial in your performance, get stronger and improve body composition for any sport with a real food approach. Includes pre- and post-workout nutrition and competition day strategies!
Avocado pesto blends the both of avocados and well, pesto in a really tasty and creamy combination. Serving suggestions: mix into zucchini noodles, use as a dip for veggies or spread over eggs.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 0 min Makes: ~2.5 cups
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, depending on your preference
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (or a mixture of pine nuts and pistachios)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ~1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients except the olive oil.
- While the food processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil. Add less if you like a thicker pesto and more if you want it thinner.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.