The inspiration from this recipe came from a hip, local eatery here in San Diego called Craft & Commerce. Their version of this salad comes with fried goat cheese – and would put me on the express train to Stomachacheville – but the rest is absolutely divine. I served mine with Easy Pan-Fried Lemon Chicken because it’s already got a bright, citrusy flavor.
- 6-8 cups of arugula (rocket) or spinach
- 2 small oranges, cut into segments
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup Pickled Jicama, optional
- Top with Easy Pan-Fried Lemon Chicken or any other protein of choice, if desired
- Place the arugula down on the bottom of the plates.
- Zest one orange and the grapefruit into a small bowl. Cut the both oranges and grapefruit into segments over the bowl to catch any juice. Squeeze the rest of the juice from the membranes!! Set the juice aside.
- Top each salad with the segments from one orange, half a grapefruit, and ~1/4 cup of pickled jicama if desired.
- In the bowl with the juice, add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk in the olive oil to make a simple vinaigrette (you should have about 3 Tablespoons of juice, and if your fruit didn't yield enough you could always add the juice of a lemon).
- Pour the dressing over the salad and top with chicken or your protein of choice.
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.