Crunchy paleo coconut shrimp made even more mouth-watering with lime and chili. Serve with lime wedges for another extra punch of flavor. Some heat from a dipping sauce like Chipotle Mayo would make it even better! Use any size shrimp you like.
Ingredients for Paleo Coconut Chili Lime Shrimp
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Zest of 3 limes
- 1.5 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coconut oil
Directions for Paleo Coconut Chili Lime Shrimp
- Clean, shell and devein the shrimp (if needed).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut flour, lime zest and chili powder.
- Dip the shrimp in the beaten egg.
- Coat the shrimp well on all sides with the coconut mixture.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt some coconut oil until very hot (but not smoking).
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side without overcrowding the pan. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of sea salt and eat while hot. Squeeze lime juice over the top for more lime flavor.
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.