Crunchy paleo coconut shrimp made even more mouth-watering with lime and chili. Serve with lime wedges for another extra punch of flavor. Some heat from a dipping sauce like Chipotle Mayo would make it even better! Use any size shrimp you like.
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Zest of 3 limes
- 1.5 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coconut oil
- Clean, shell and devein the shrimp (if needed).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut flour, lime zest and chili powder.
- Dip the shrimp in the beaten egg.
- Coat the shrimp well on all sides with the coconut mixture.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt some coconut oil until very hot (but not smoking).
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side without overcrowding the pan. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of sea salt and eat while hot. Squeeze lime juice over the top for more lime flavor.