This Paleo Chick-fil-A is so tasty, and the secret’s in the pickle juice! It basically brines the chicken which makes it super moist and tender. The recipe easily doubles.
When researching this recipe (because, you know, it’s got to be somewhat true to the original), I came across loads of different versions and tried to best tweak it to be grain- and dairy-free.
A few that really inspired this one were Gluten, Grain and Garbage Free Chick-fil-A Nuggets from The Domestic Man and Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Nuggets from Chocolate, Chocolate and More and Chick-fil-A Copy Cat from Hilah Cooking.
- Cut the chicken breast into large chunks, and put it in a ziptop plastic bag. Pour the pickle juice into the bag. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. (I kept it in overnight).
- After it's done marinating, pour the pickle juice out of the bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the beaten egg and coconut milk. Pour that into the bag and let it sit for about 10 minutes while you prepare the spice mix.
- In another small bowl, mix the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, onion power and garlic powder.
- Open the bag and drain out as much egg / coconut milk as you can. It doesn't have to be completely dry because you want something for the spice mix to stick to.
- Pour the spice mix into the bag, close the top, and really massage it into the chicken. This may take a minute or two but you want all the pieces to be evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil until the oil is very hot. Add a single layer of chicken (being careful not to crowd it) to the pan and fry on each side for about 3 minutes or until it's completely cooked through. It took me two batches to cook one pound of chicken.
Serve with Paleo Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce or honey mustard dipping sauce.
Pin this for later!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get express written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.