Are simple Paleo tortillas really possible?! If you’re looking for a really easy Paleo version of a flour tortilla (or a crepe), look no further.
These are foolproof and are much more flexible than other Paleo tortillas I’ve tried before that mostly use coconut flour as a base. I had a huge bag of arrowroot powder to use up (a gluten-free flour alternative) so this fit the bill.
These Paleo tortillas hold up to folding or rolling and can be used in sweet or savory applications, and it’s easy to make a double or triple batch in advance and save them for upcoming meals. They’re also perfect for making up some tasty lunches on the go, and word on the street is that the kiddos love them.
I tested these to see how well they’d freeze. I rolled the tortillas up, froze them, and they thawed flexible and easy to fold!
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the melted ghee and water.
- Add the dry ingredients—arrowroot, coconut flour and salt—and beat well to combine.
- In a small (8") skillet over medium heat, pour in about ⅓ of the batter and immediately roll it around to evenly coat the bottom. The tortilla should start to pull away from the edges as it cooks.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- If saving for later, cool completely and store in a plastic bag or airtight glass container.
Pin this Simple Paleo Tortillas Recipe for later!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.