This is a really simple recipe that would be great on salmon or chicken and adds a great tang and slight sweetness. If you can’t find tangerines, oranges would be a great substitute. Using the zest guarantees more flavor than using just juice alone.
- Juice of 3 large tangerines (about 1/2 cup)
- Zest of 2 tangerines
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of ghee (sub coconut oil)
- Pinch of salt
- Add all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then turn to low and reduce until ~1/4 cup of liquid remains. You want the sauce to be slightly thickened.
- Serve over your cooked protein of choice.
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, please use the contact form to send me a message first! PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.