I’ve just returned from a week-long trip to London and Paris, hence how quiet I’ve been on the site here. If you’ve left a comment or sent an email, it will take a bit longer than usual but rest assured I’ll get back to you. I love traveling and discovering new foods, but I also really like getting back to my kitchen so I can make my favorite recipes and think of new ones.
This simple marinated steak was great over a fresh garden salad – use any veggies you’d like – served with some guacamole on the side. Or it’d make an awesome filling for my Simple Paleo Tortillas! If you don’t like beef, you could use chicken or pork. I bought some inexpensive steaks and cut them into strips for quick cooking. Alternatively, you could keep the meat whole, marinate it, grill it and then slice into strips once it’s cooked.
- Put the steak strips in a large bowl.
- Add the zest and juice of the citrus fruit, olive oil, garlic, salt, smoked paprika and pepper. Stir the ingredients thoroughly.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 30-60 minutes for best results. Stir once or twice as it's marinating.
- When ready to cook, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add about half the steak. If it gets overcrowded it won't brown. I cooked about 1.5 minutes on each side for medium.
- Repeat with the rest of the meat.