Dipping sauces can take the same basic meal template and jazz things up to keep you from suffering from FBS (Food Boredom Syndrome). Plain chicken and broccoli again? Drizzle on some Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce. Need an accompaniment for some beautiful cooked, chilled shrimp? This one does the trick, too. It does have honey (so don’t go overboard and eat gallons of it) but if you’re looking for something to stave off FBS, feel good that it doesn’t contain weird chemicals or high-fructose corn syrup like most of the prepared sauces in the market.
No arrowroot powder? You could use tapioca flour as a thickener. Wish to avoid those completely? You can gently reduce the sauce until it thickens a bit, though it won’t have the same texture as arrowroot or tapioca.
- 5 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped red chilis or 1 small mild red chili, minced finely
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Mince the garlic finely and use a microplane grater to grate down the ginger (or mince very finely).
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients: the vinegar, garlic, honey, red chilis, arrowroot, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper (if desired). Stir so the arrowroot is dissolved.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil and cook briefly (~1 min or less) until the sauce thickens.
- Cool and serve alongside your favorite meats for dipping. It’s be super tasty with chicken, as a sauce on top of salmon or drizzled on top of stir-fried veggies.
What’s your favorite dipping sauce you’d like to see a Paleo version of?
Pin this for later!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get express written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website! Failure to do so is a copyright violation.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.