Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix is pretty awesome. Why? It has that warm, yummy smell that evokes the holiday season (isn’t it so interesting how smells can conjure up such memories?!). Luckily, Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix is super simple to make so you can have a taste of the holidays any time of the year.
Want a simple DIY gift idea for the foodie in your life? How about getting crafty and creating miniature decorative jars of Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix and Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice with nice handmade labels? A thoughtful, useful gift that won’t get stuffed in a drawer like that reindeer Christmas sweater. (Oh c’mon, I know it just isn’t me with one of those!)
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon ground cloves
- Pinch of black pepper
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl.
- Seal in an airtight jar. (I like small Mason jars for this job.)
What can you do with your Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix?
- Stir 2 Tablespoons into ground coffee before brewing (if making 6 cups).
- Sprinkle it over a coconut milk latte or brewed coffee.
- Use it mixed into paleo hot chocolate (substitute the gingerbread spice instead).
- Sprinkle it over roasted carrots or other root veggies.
Do you like gingerbread? What would you use this spice mix for?
Pin this for later!