Gingerbread Spiced Bulletproof® Coffee is a warm, comforting cup of holiday flavor…sort of like eating a gingerbread man, but without the gluten bomb in your gut. You can make your coffee using your preferred method, and I’ve got a few ideas below for different ways to incorporate the gingerbread spice into your next cup. Curious about exactly what Bulletproof® coffee is and why it’s so good? Read my post here.
If you’re looking for DIY gift ideas for the holidays, make up a large batch of gingerbread spice mix, and put it in a fancy jar with a beautiful label (see more ideas for DIY spice mixes here). Even better would be to print out this recipe (or maybe the one for my Breakfast Sausage Scotch Eggs).
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice mix (click here for the recipe) per 2 rounded Tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 1 Tablespoon of grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil or MCT oil
- Optional: sweetener (like raw honey)
- Sprinkle the gingerbread spice mix into the coffee grounds. Brew the coffee using your preferred method (I use a French press but any preparation will do).
- Pour hot coffee into a blender. Add the grass-fed butter and coconut oil, plus any extras like sweetener if preferred.
- Blend for 30 seconds until frothy and creamy (use caution when using a blender with hot liquids). You could also use an immersion blender or just melt the butter and oil on top of your hot coffee, but I don’t prefer it that way…it ends up like an oil slick. If that’s your thing though, that’s okay :)
- Sprinkle with extra gingerbread spice, if desired.
Change It Up
- Prepare the coffee according to step 1. Instead of adding butter and coconut oil, add coconut milk, almond milk or grass-fed heavy cream (if it agrees with you). Or, if black coffee’s your thing, drink as is.
- Make it a gingerbread spiced latte by brewing espresso, combining with steamed or heated coconut milk, then sprinkling with some of the spice mix.
- Use chai tea instead of coffee or a gingerbread spiced chai.
Do you like gingerbread spiced coffee? Have you ever tried Bulletproof® Coffee?
Pin this for later!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.