These Crispy Italian Chicken Thighs have become one of my favorite dinners during the week because it’s so simple. I’m really excited to share this one with you because it’s one of the brand-spanking-new-shiny-out-of-the-box recipes from my ebook, The Paleo Athlete.
To get the skin really crispy, make sure it’s really dry before you put the chicken in the oven. If you’re lucky enough to have a convection oven, you’ll want to use that setting. Can’t find bone-in chicken thighs? You can use boneless, but cut the baking time down by about 5 minutes.
Make this a complete meal by throwing on some veggies as a side dish, and you’re good to go. I like the skin-on thighs because they stay moist in the oven. If you can only find skinless, you can wrap the thighs in bacon before you bake them…winning. As an extra bonus, I save the chicken bones to make stock in the slow cooker.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix the garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet and dry the skin well with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle half of the seasonings on each side.
- Bake about 45 minutes until the thighs are cooked through completely.
Pin this Crispy Italian Chicken Thighs Recipe for later!