Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings (with Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip) is coming at you today from my guest blogger Rach from Meatified! Wings—I mean, c’mon—what’s not to love? I first learned of Rach from her screen-lickable photos of Paleo food, and with a name like Meatified, I knew she was onto something good. A former vegetarian, she originally found the Paleo lifestyle while looking for a way to improve her health after years of thyroid-related issues. She creates original recipes that are grain- and sugar-free while trying to finally figure out how to work the camera she shamelessly “borrowed” from her husband. When she’s not in the kitchen, she can usually be found planning her perfect future mini farmstead in gloriously overly-exaggerated detail. Take it away, Rach!
Ingredients for the Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds (908 grams) chicken wings
- 2 jalapeño peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Directions for the Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings
- Add all of the marinade ingredients (not the chicken!) to a blender. Process until smooth. If the marinade is a little thick, add a splash of water and re-process.
- Put the chicken wings into a container or large freezer bag. Pour over the marinade and toss the wings through it so that they are evenly coated.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking tray with foil and place a cooling rack onto the foil-lined tray.
- Place the wings onto the metal rack, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 425°F (210°C). Turn the chicken wings over and return them to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the Ranch Dressing Dip!
Ingredients for the Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions for the Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip
- In a mini food processor or blender, process the soaked and drained cashews until you have a paste. You may need to scrape down the sides of your processor or blender a few times to do this.
- Once your cashews are a spreadable texture, add the coconut milk a little at a time and process until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, the rest of the coconut milk, the seasonings and herbs. Process until combined and the dressing is smooth. If it is still a little thick, add a splash of water and re-process.
- Once the Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings are cooked, serve with the Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip.