Steph’s note: Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings (with Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip) is coming at you today from my guest blogger Rach from Meatified! Wings—I mean, c’mon—what’s not to love? I first learned of Rach from her screen-lickable photos of Paleo food, and with a name like Meatified, I knew she was onto something good.
A former vegetarian, she originally found the Paleo lifestyle while looking for a way to improve her health after years of thyroid-related issues. She creates original recipes that are grain- and sugar-free while trying to finally figure out how to work the camera she shamelessly “borrowed” from her husband. Pick up a copy of her new cookbook, Nourish: The Paleo Healing Cookbook!
- Add all of the marinade ingredients (not the chicken!) to a blender. Process until smooth. If the marinade is a little thick, add a splash of water and re-process.
- Put the chicken wings into a container or large freezer bag. Pour over the marinade and toss the wings through it so that they are evenly coated.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with foil and place a cooling rack onto the foil-lined tray.
- Place the wings onto the metal rack, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 425°F. Turn the chicken wings over and return them to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the Ranch Dressing Dip! (See below.)
- ¼ cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours, rinsed & drained
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a mini food processor or blender, process the soaked and drained cashews until you have a paste. You may need to scrape down the sides of your processor or blender a few times to do this.
- Once your cashews are a spreadable texture, add the coconut milk a little at a time and process until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, the rest of the coconut milk, the seasonings and herbs. Process until combined and the dressing is smooth. If it is still a little thick, add a splash of water and re-process.
- Once the Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings are cooked, serve with the Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip.
Pin this for later!
Like this recipe? Give it a +1!
Have a question about this Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings with Paleo Ranch Dressing Recipe? Leave it in the comments below!