3-Ingredient Banana Pudding

3-Ingredient Banana Pudding | stupideasypaleo.com

This 3-Ingredient Banana Pudding is really simple. While I love convenience, the little cups of chia pudding goodness you can buy at the grocery store can be kind of pricey, especially if you’re watching your wallet.

The possibilities for ingredients are really endless, but this one has just three: banana, coconut milk and chia seeds.

Banana Coconut Chia Ingredients

Banana Coconut Chia Directions

1. In a food processor or blender, combine the banana and coconut milk. Process until smooth.
  2. Throw in the chia seeds and pulse a few times to mix evenly.
  3. Pour into a container and chill for an hour to let the chia seeds plump up a bit. (Or if you’re like me, eat it right away because you don’t want to wait. The seeds will be crunchy, though.)

Click here to pin this!

3-Ingredient Banana Pudding | stupideasypaleo.com

Have you ever tried chia pudding? What’s your favorite combo?

Get it!

I'd like the free Stupid Easy Paleo Quickstart Mini-Course delivered to my inbox.

I never share your email address with anyone...spammers suck!

74 thoughts on “3-Ingredient Banana Pudding

1. helen

Think you just saved me that will make a great dessert for my kids who keep asking for one. my morning fave is coconut milk a banana and peanut butter blended till thick like yogurt

1. AJ

oooohhhh I’ll have to try this with almond butter (paleo) sounds wonderful and I’ve been looking for a quick smoothy. This even sounds good as a pudding too (combining best of both posts!)

2. Meg

as you know…. I LOVE CHIA Steph!!!!!! I love it so much. I need to start incorporating it back into my rotation! I haven’t had chia pudding in a while and I went through a phase where I couldn’t go a day without it!!!!! Crazy. I know. This one sounds fabulous AND so simple! One of the favourites I’ve created was warm apple with pecans and chia mixed with cinnamon and almond milk!

3. Jamie

Does it matter what kinda of coconut milk you use? I have the sugar free at home so just wondering if it matters. Cant wait to try this though!

I like the one from the can best because it’s creamier, not as watery and usually is free of preservatives. It should work okay as long as it’s not too watery.

4. Matilda

I’m going to give this one a go for breakfast. I might use an vanilla pod to make it whole30 though.
    Could you use almond milk instead of coconut milk?

5. Bob

Oohhh…. This sounds good. How about a good Paleo friendly Chocolate Sauce? That was the best way to eat Banana pudding Pre-Paleo.

You can mix melted coconut oil with cocoa powder and maybe a little bit of honey to make a “magic shell”. It’s pretty good.

6. Mary

I was hesitant to use chia seeds since they look like bugs to me in dishes. Then I found white chia seeds and I have been making chia seed pudding, smoothies, oatmeals, etc with them. We’ve done Coconut and Lemon pudding, and Vanilla and Cinnamon pudding. The possibilities are endless. I’m trying this one next! Thank you!

1. Mary

My local grocers (Krogers) has them in their big bins where you scoop them out and then weigh them. Whole Foods has them that way too. I found some on Amazon too so in case your local stores don’t have them you can start there.

1. Shauna

Ha! Mary, I have always felt the same way about raisins in anything. I think they look like dead flies. The brain is a funny thing ;)

1. Mary

Shauna,

ohhh, raisins get me too. I’ve had to change a lot of my food “phobias” (eating leftovers, cooked veggies) lol. To help my husband and I stay on track w/ paleo/promal, I premake a lot of our foods so I have no excuse during the week for “not having enough time” to cook. I had to get over the fact that I was eating “leftovers”. The brain is a very funny thing indeed!

7. Annie

Have been doing this for a while now, I have used frozen cherries, mango, banana and blueberries but my favorite has been with pineapple!

I’ve never used ground. I could see folks using them to create a better egg replacer that’s much smoother or using in baking when you want a smooth texture.

2. Jonny

I’ve used ground chia in a cauliflower pizza dough. Combined with a flour like coconut flour, It replaces the effect gluten has in all-purpose flour.

8. Emily

Do you think this would keep for a couple days? I’m wondering if I could premake a batch to eat for a few easy breakfasts.

I think so! It might thicken a bit much over time and the banana might brown a bit but there’s no reason you couldn’t eat it a day or two later.

1. Cory

I made mine the night before and put it in the fridge. I ate it after my lunch time workout the next day and it was deelish. It was a little brown but that didn’t change the flavor or consistency. I have to say it is much better cold, and the organic coconut milk from the can was very creamy. My bullet blender worked perfectly for this.

I’ve been trying to think of a way to prevent the bananas from browning while not affecting the taste and I’ve been stumped so far :)

9. Tara Q

Yay! In regards to other fruit flavors, do you have to keep the banana for consistency and add fruit, or do you replace the banana (with some, mango, berries, etc)?

And do you use just the hardened cream at the top of the can of coconut milk? Or can you use the whole can? Coconut milk is so much thicker, will almond milk really work, too? Thank you!

You can try replacing the banana with different fruits (I have one for a chia “jam” that uses berries and omits the coconut milk, so different fruits will certainly work).

I just used the milk once I shook the can. Almond milk will also work.

10. tinythoughts

I actually created a chocolate pudding that was similar. I use 2 bananas, about 1/2 cup of coconut milk, and about 1-2 tablespoons of baking cocoa powder and blend it with my immersion blender. Then I put it in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. It’s very filling. I eat about 2 tablespoons of it and feel full. So this recipe is good for at least 2 people. I get a few bites and then my teenage son eats it all up. He had his girlfriend try and she was in love with it. So it is mom and teenager approved. Thanks again for sharing another great recipe!

1. Wavs

I love all these ideas. I have my banana chia in the fridge for morning, but can’t wait to try the chocolate now!

11. Shawn Wisley

Are these a make-them-and-eat-them thing? Or could I make a larger batch and have 6 servings ready to go in my fridge?

12. Pingback: Diet and Exercise Accountability Thread - Page 351 - Playa del Carmen, Mexico forum

13. Catherine

This does *look* delicious, so I tried it, and…let’s just say I was disappointed. I sampled the smooth mixture of banana and coconut milk before I added the chia seeds, and it was great. Then I added the seeds and let it chill for one hour, anticipating the yummy treat the whole time.

When the time was up, I opened the container I had it in to discover the mix had turned a sickly gray color and the texture was unappetizingly lumpy. I can overlook such things for a pleasant flavor, but by this time the “pudding” had lost all its sweetness, and the banana was nearly undetectable.

What am I missing here??

14. Pingback: Simple 3-Ingredient Banana Pudding (from Stupid Easy Paleo) | Fitter Faster Handler

15. Pingback: Ask the RD: Are Seeds Healthy and Animal Foods for Vegetarians

16. Kati

How many servings does this make? Do you store it in one container or in several single serve containers?

Thanks!

Hi Kati…depends how hungry you are, honestly. It’s really hard for me to tell how many servings are in anything because it varies so much. For me, this ended up being two servings. I kept it in one large container.

17. Pingback: Day 26: Grilled Chicken Tomato “Sandwiches” & … dessert…. | elizabethclymer

18. Pingback: Paleo Banana Pudding | courtney's craftin&cookin

19. Marianne

What could you use instead of banana (allergic)? When I make it with almond milk (in the box) it comes out runny even after overnight. HELP!

Hi Marianne, I’ve used canned pumpkin or even sweet potato puree instead. If it’s runny, that means you need to add more chia seeds!

20. Pingback: 16 Creative and Delicious Banana Recipes | The Nourished Life

Hi Olivia…almond milk will work instead of coconut milk. However, chia seeds are unique because of their ability to really absorb a lot of moisture. Flax won’t absorb as much as chia so it won’t thicken the same way.

21. Pingback: Friday 041114

22. Pingback: Banana Coconut Pudding | Ginger's Kitchen

23. Pingback: Banana Cream Pie Chia Seed Pudding | The Primitive Palate

24. Pingback: Don’t Call Me Puddin’ | the heyday diaries

25. Pee-Chee110

How much vanilla extract would you recommend? I do best with exact measurements. Lol.
    THANKS! :)

26. Tryste

Just discovered this recipe yesterday and had it booked for my breakfast this morning. Unfortunately, my boyfriend had to go and reserve the last banana in the house for HIS morning meal, so I had to get a little creative with my first go at this pudding. I found some dried papaya in my pantry and soaked it in water overnight so I could puree it when I got up and mix it with the coconut milk and chia. Worked like magic and tasted like a dream topped with coconut chips. Thanks for the awesome and totally simple idea!

27. Pingback: Poudding aux bananes | Sur ma Presqu'île