Steph’s note: Please welcome my guest blogger Ashley from Livin Paleo! I first learned of Ashley through her Instagram account where I saw her throwing around heavy barbells, so needless to say, she became an instant girl crush. She’s a CrossFit badass—competing in the NorCal Regionals soon—and a whiz in the Paleo kitchen, coming up with all sorts of simple but really tasty eats to fuel her endeavors. Definitely check out her blog for lots of awesome gluten free bites. Take it away, Ashley!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 lb (454 grams) ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp (2.5 grams) salt
- ¼ tsp (0.5 grams) black pepper
- ¼ lb (115 grams) bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 avocado
- ½ tbsp (22 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil or fat of choice
- ½ head romaine lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Wash the sweet potato and cut into ½ inch (1.27 cm) slices.
- Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper, lightly coat one with olive oil or fat of choice and lay out the sweet potato slices. You will need 12 slices. Lay out the bacon on the other sheet.
- Bake both for 20−25 minutes. Flip the bacon and sweet potatoes halfway through. While the sweet potatoes and bacon cook prepare the burgers, bell pepper and onions, and smash the avocado.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground beef, minced garlic, salt and pepper and form into six patties.
- Heat olive oil or fat of choice in a large skillet over medium heat and add the patties. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat olive oil or fat of choice in a separate small skillet over medium heat and cook the bell pepper and onions until soft and slightly charred.
- In a medium bowl smash together the avocado and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble each slider by topping a sweet potato slice with lettuce, a burger patty, bacon, smashed avocado, bell pepper and onions and another sweet potato slice.
Pin this for later!
Questions for Ashley? Leave them in the comments below!
If you'd like to share my recipes or photos on your blog, you must get written permission first. Please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog / website.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Stupid Easy Paleo, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.