I mean, what says fall more than pumpkin spice coffee? Recently, Food Babe blasted Starbucks for their fall favorite, the PSL (pumpkin spice latte), for its chemical-filled ingredients. I’ve never been a fan of the PSL, and a few years ago, I posted my own recipe for a homemade pumpkin spice latte right here on the blog.
Recently, I decided to give the recipe a face lift and added a protein punch, plus a sprinkle of my homemade pumpkin spice mix. If you’re not into protein powder (which is totally fine), I recommend my original recipe (here’s that link again) or you can just omit. I recommend this blend for athletes or people doing performance-oriented training as a good pre-workout snack or something light if you train semi-fasted. For more on my stance on whey protein, click here.
- 12 oz (355 mL) hot brewed coffee
- 1 scoop (30 g) vanilla protein powder* (my favorite is this one)
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22.5 mL) pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- Combine the coffee, protein powder, pumpkin puree, and spices in a blender. Blend on high for 15 seconds until it’s frothy.