This Watermelon Mojito Salad recipe is perfect for a summer picnic!
Its bright flavors of sweet melon, crisp cucumber, fresh mint and tangy lime will have your taste buds doing a dance.
Plus, this one is simple enough to scale up and bring to a large get-together or barbecue.
Recently, I gave this recipe a facelift and photographed it all over again to really help the ingredients shine.
Serving it in Mason jars with long spoons seemed like the perfect way to serve this relaxed warm-weather dish.
Here’s the out of focus original:
- Cut the rind off the watermelon and cut into medium-sized cubes (about ½-inch).
- Peel the cucumber, if you prefer, and cut into similar sized cubes.
- Slice the mint leaves thinly. To chiffonade, stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll them up lengthwise into a bundle, then thinly slice.
- Combine these ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or a small jar, combine the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir (or shake) well to combine. Pour over the watermelon and cucumber and stir well.
Pin this Watermelon Mojito Salad recipe for later!