Today, in honor of my cookbook Performance Paleo‘s one-year anniversary, I’m sharing this Comforting Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe with you!
The Performance Paleo Cookbook was released on January 6, 2015, and it was a labor of love. I created over 100 recipes and did all the photography in my little home studio. I’m proud to say that the cookbook is a best-seller and award-winner, but what’s stuck with me the most are the wonderful messages I’ve gotten from readers who say they’ve learned how to eat foods that nourish their bodies.
It’s been incredible to see photos of the cookbook as far away as Japan, Germany, and Malaysia just to name a few!
Now, onto the soup. This Creamy Broccoli Soup has garnered the nickname “Crack Soup.” It’s slightly addictive and oh-so-perfect for chilly winter weather.
Creamy, milk-based soups are usually off the menu if you’re avoiding dairy, but this recipe will change all that. Coconut milk is paired with chicken broth and aromatics to create the base, then it’s simmered with broccoli and pureed to create a creamy soup that you’ll love. Sometimes I top this with roasted chicken for a complete meal.
- 1 large leek (8 oz/227 g), white and light green parts, washed and sliced
- ½ small white onion (2 oz/57 g), chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) broccoli crowns, chopped
- 4 cups (946 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (237 mL) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (15 g) ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp (3 g) sea salt
- ¼ tsp (1 g) black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot, and bring them to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes. Carefully transfer the soup to a blender, and puree until smooth. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Grab a copy of The Performance Paleo Cookbook here!
Pin this Comforting Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe for later!