“But I just want abs.”
When you ask people what their idea of a healthy body looks like, invariably, the word “abs” comes up.
It’s like experiencing a ton of positive improvements in your health but then getting upset that you haven’t lost enough pounds on the scale.
With January coming around again soon, it’s really important to help people get clear about health. Simply put, health isn’t something you can get really amped up about in the first month of the year, then forget about for the other eleven.
The challenge is to select healthy habits you can sustain for, well, life. It’s not sexy, but a more moderate approach tends to be what most people can keep doing for a long period of time.
No matter what your goals are – aesthetic or otherwise – I urge you to get really clear about why you’re doing what you’re doing.
It’s so easy to get caught up in things that aren’t right for you.
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, We Cover:
- Why it’s not wrong to have aesthetic goals
- How to spot unhealthy health habits & Steph’s past struggles
- The 5 Whys strategy of getting to the root of your motivation for any health changes
- The triad of aesthetics-performance-longevity
- Why “form follows function”
- …and a lot more.
Links & Resources:
- Harder to Kill Challenge (re-opening January, 2017)
- Beyond Toning: Steph’s talk at AHS New Zealand
- Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried & David Hansson
- Episode 1: The Hustle is Fake
- The Living Experiment podcast with Dallas Hartwig & Pilar Gerasimo
Thanks for Listening…You’re Rad
If you liked this episode, share it with friends and family. We need your help in getting the word out!
Please subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes. When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover the podcast, and I am so grateful for your kind words.
Photo of Steph: Fresh Burst Photo Athletics
Graphic design: Sarah Ramsden