I love me. This isn’t a podcast about me, Steph. It’s an exploration into the concept of self-love.
You don’t have to go far around the interwebz these days to be hit with coaches, influencers, and regular folks talking about their journeys into self-love…
…and why lack of self-love is the key that explains our suffering.
But my cohost today, Dr. Anastasia Boulais, brings another point of view to this concept.
She argues that instead of intense focus on self, there’s another very crucial area we, as humans living in a modern world, need to put some energy into to feel complete.
Taking care of self is vitally important. But to complete the loop, we need others, too.
Anastasia and I chat about everything from neurotransmitters to sex and everything in between in this episode. And we come to a surprising conclusion about the most impactful ways to remedy our human loneliness.
Be prepared to have everything you’ve assumed to be true challenged in this episode of Harder to Kill Radio.Don't confuse self-love with self-esteem. Click To Tweet
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, We Cover:
- the subtle distinctions between self-love, self-esteem, and self-care.
- the neurotransmitter cycle needed for a healthy sense of self.
- how that cycle is broken in today’s modern world.
- how you can begin to repair the breaks in the cycle.
- …and a lot more.
Links & Resources:
- Season 1 Episode 5: Finding Strength Among Chaos
- AHS New Zealand – conference coming October 2017
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
Thanks for Listening…You’re Super Rad
If you liked this episode, share it with friends and family. We need your help in getting the word out!
Please subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes. When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover the podcast, and I am so grateful for your kind words.
Photo: Fresh Burst Photo Athletics
Graphic design: Sarah Ramsden