Paleo Breakfast Stuffed Peppers are a great way to change up your morning meal routine!
These require a bit of prep time, so I usually make them on weekends when I’m not super busy. If you want to bump up the protein content, mix in some grass-fed ground meat with the spinach or layer it between the spinach and egg.
- 4 red bell peppers (any color bell pepper works)
- 16 oz bag frozen, chopped spinach
- 4 eggs
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking dish with foil.
- Cut off the top of each pepper, and remove the seeds.
- Place peppers into the dish, and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, defrost the spinach. Squeeze the moisture out of the spinach.
- Remove peppers from oven and stuff the bottoms evenly with the defrosted spinach.
- Crack an egg into the top ½ of each pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are set and not transparent.
You may recognize this (or maybe not) as a recipe that’s had a facelift. Here’s the difference in the photos.
If you want to know more about how I’ve improved my food photography, see my free blog series on Food Photography Tips. Here’s how I set up the shot: