Mocha Coconut Macadamia Truffles
Y’all know I don’t do many treat recipes, but every once in a while inspiration strikes and I roll with it. Last night I was working on recipe development for the cookbook, looked over at a jar of Love Bean and a great idea popped into my head.
What’s Love Bean? It’s a fudgy spread that’s dairy-free, grain / gluten-free, vegan and totally delicious. I wouldn’t make these everyday—they are still a sweet treat even though they’re Paleo-friendly—but for a single, lush bite to take care of a sweet craving, they’re perfect.
No Love Bean? The product is a blend of coconut oil, cocoa and coconut sugar and while I have no idea what the proportions are, if you’re savvy in the kitchen you can probably figure out how to make a suitable substitute.
Ingredients for Mocha Coconut Macadamia Truffles
Makes 10 small truffles.
- 3/4 finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup Love Bean fudge
- 1 teaspoon finely ground coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 scoop SFH vanilla protein powder*, optional
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
*Use code SEPaleo for 10% off any order
Directions for Mocha Coconut Macadamia Truffles
- In a medium bowl, add the coconut, Love Bean fudge, coffee, sea salt and protein powder (optional). Mix well to combine. If the mixture seems very soft, put it in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up. You want it soft enough to roll but not so soft that it falls apart.
- Place the chopped macadamia nuts in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
- Get a teaspoon of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Drop the truffle into the macadamia nuts and gently roll it around until all sides are coated. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Store covered in the refrigerator or freezer.
Change It Up
- If you’re limiting caffeine, you can use decaf coffee or omit it all together. They’re still delicious.
- Can’t eat nuts? Roll the truffles in cocoa powder or shredded coconut. Or just leave them naked!
- Use any other chopped nuts you prefer.