If you’ve been around the blog for long enough, you may notice I use chia seeds from time to time to create very lightly sweetened puddings. This time, I paired them with fresh fruit to make something that’s a jam-like consistency with no added sugar. Feel free to switch up the berries with other fruit!
Makes: 2 cups
Ingredients for Berry Mango Chia Jam
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) diced mango
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) blueberries
- 1 cup (225 g) chopped strawberries
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds
Directions for Berry Mango Chia Jam
- Add the fruit to a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until it has softened.
- Slowly stir in the chia seeds until they’re evenly incorporated. The “jam” will continue to thicken as the seeds absorb moisture.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.