You know why Paleo sauces rock? They take the average, the bland and the boring and shake things up. If you’re suffering from BFS (Boring Food Syndrome), I’ve got you covered.
I’ve collected FIFTY of the most taste bud teasing recipes for sauces, dressings, dips, mayos, ketchups and more and corralled them all into one convenient post. Scroll through and bookmark some favorites.
One key to developing your sauce boss skills…having the right tools. Here are my 5 must-haves for making stellar sauces:
- Immersion blender. You can use this little gem to make sauces silky smooth right in the pan. They are easier to clean up and make less waste than a blender. Helps make a killer mayo!
- Microplane grater. These are perfect for getting really finely grated ginger and garlic into sauces so you don’t bite down on any big, crunchy pieces.
- A basic whisk. Can’t say much more about this other than it’s an essential. Lets you incorporate airiness into sauces without a fancy appliance.
- A teeny, tiny saucepan. Why? Sometimes you need to reduce a sauce down by heating it, and if the pan is too big, the sauce just sort of sticks to the bottom. These are also great for melting coconut oil and ghee for recipes when you don’t have a microwave (like me).
- Squeeze bottles. One of the secrets to plating beautifully sauced dishes is using a plain ol’ squeeze bottle. So easy!
And now…the recipes!
Bacon and Bone Broth BBQ Sauce from Real Food RN
Blueberry BBQ Sauce from Low Carb One Day at a Time
Peach BBQ Sauce from A Girl Worth Saving
Real Food Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Wing Sauce from Real Food Outlaws
Spicy Maple BBQ Sauce from Ditch the Wheat
The Easiest BBQ Sauce Ever from Healthy Living How To
Babaganoush from And Here We Are
No Bean Paleo Pumpkin Hummus - from Meatified and The Paleo Mama
Almost Ranch Dressing from Meatified
Arugula with Strawberry Rosemary Dressing from Meatified
Balsamic Bacon Vinaigrette from Real Food RN
Lemon Basil Bacon Fat Vinaigrette from Stupid Easy Paleo
Spicy Mango Vinaigrette from A Happy Health Nut
Apple Butter from My Heart Beets
Creamy Strawberry Sauce from Empowered Sustenance
Pumpkin Butter from Nicky In The Raw
Vanilla Fig Compote from Nicky In The Raw
Zesty Tangerine Sauce from Stupid Easy Paleo
Garlic “Mayo” from Autoimmune Paleo (AIP friendly)
Homemade Mayo from Butter Nutrition
Paleo Baconnaise from Real Food RN
Lemony Chive Paleo Mayo from Stupid Easy Paleo
Ketchups and Tomato Sauces
Better than Ketchup: Serbian Roasted Ayvar Sauce from Jules Fuel
Homemade Ketchup from Nicky In The Raw
Homemade Pizza Sauce from Real Food RN
Italian Meat Sauce from Yuppie Farm Girl
Tomato Paste in Two Simple Steps from A Happy Health Nut
Béarnaise Sauce from DJ Foodie
Carrot Dip from Meatified
Coconut Butter from Gutsy
Coconut Oil Chicken Glaze from Real Food RN
Creamy Grain Free Gravy from Empowered Sustenance (GAPS friendly)
Creamy Tomato Rosemary Sauce from Hollywood Homestead
Creamy Turmeric Sauce from Hollywood Homestead (AIP friendly)
Easy Enchilada Sauce from Healthy Living How To
Fennel-Onion Jam from Popular Paleo
Harissa from DJ Foodie
Hollandaise Sauce from And Here We Are
Homemade Almond Butter from Gutsy
Meat Masala from My Heart Beets
Paleo Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce from Stupid Easy Paleo
Roasted Beet Dip from Autoimmune Paleo (AIP friendly)
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce from Popular Paleo
Romesco from DJ Foodie
Homemade Taco Sauce from Living Low Carb…One Day at a Time
Tzatziki Sauce from Good Girl Gone Green
Vanilla Cashew Cream from Good Girl Gone Green
Walnut Pâté from Good Girl Gone Green
Warm Pineapple Salsa from Popular Paleo
What’s your favorite sauce? What do you put it on?