Breakfast can be the toughest meal of the day to get organized with, and my go-to tip for quick morning eats is to steam a dozen eggs on your weekly cook-up day. But sometimes, I get tired of just plain eggs, and these little Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins are the perfect solution.
I started making egg muffins a couple years ago, and they can be done in a multitude of ways: Add meat and switch up the veggies and spices! You’ll be amazed how many interesting combinations you can come up with. These particular Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins would be great with some browned sausage mixed in, too.
If you don’t have Flavor God Pizza Seasoning—which I realize is quite possible—just substitute it for the spices listed in the Notes section of the recipe. Have fun with it! Even the cat thought they smelled good.
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Flavor God Pizza Seasoning*
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with liners and grease them. I use silicone liners like these and grease them lightly with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the mushrooms, cooking and stirring until the moisture is drawn out and the mushrooms begin to brown slightly, about 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the broccoli and black olives. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the coconut milk, pizza seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the veggie mixture evenly into the muffin liners. They should be about ⅔ full. Now, pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin liners until it’s about ¾ full.
- Bake the egg muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out cleanly.
Are you doing a Whole30 this January? Let me know in the comments below!
Looking for more pre-workout recipe ideas?